Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Her son cries with a high fever. Then the mom realizes that doctors made this TERRIBLE mistake.


Chicken pox is just a harmless childhood disease. When little Lewis Lyons from Warrington, England got chicken pox, he was prescribed ibuprofen - an over-the-counter painkiller, which reduced fever and inflammation.  The general practitioner diagnosed a regular strain of the disease and sent Lewis home with a mild kid's variety of the painkiller.
Twitter/ News For You
But at home, Lewis' condition rapidly deteriorated: his fever increased, the inflammation caused blisters, and he was in a lot of pain. For Hayley Lyons, the alarm bells started ringing, and she took her son immediately to hospital. 
Facebook/Love What Matters
Lewis arrived at the children's clinic not a moment too late. The doctors at the Alder Hey Children's Hospital in Liverpool diagnosed a "sepsis" blood poisoning - triggered by the ibuprofen. Such a severe complication was new for the doctors treating Lewis.
Facebook/Love What Matters
Hayley's instincts and quick reaction saved her son's life because with blood poisoning, every minute counts. The caring mother posted a wake-up call on Facebook, which has been shared more than 430000 times: "Chicken pox is going around. Listen to me: Don't give your children Nurofen / ibuprofen!"
Even the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence heeded Hayley's advice and issued its own warning. Researchers at the institute note: The active ingredient of ibuprofen ensures that the pathogens can penetrate more deeply into the skin where they enter the bloodstream. Four different doctors prescribed Lewis this medication.
Youtube/HairStyles Tutorials
Thankfully Lewis is now on the mend. But Hayley sees it as her duty to spread awareness and educate parents worldwide about the serious contraindications of ibuprofen with chickenpox.
I was in total shock: blood poisoning for children's medication!! Help Hayley save lives by sharing her message.