Sunday, January 24, 2016

WARNING: A Child Lost 75% of His Sight Because of This Little Household Toy


Laser pointers are great time passers, especially for those families with pets.

But recently, Australian health officials have issued a warning parents around the world – laser pointers are not toys. You shine the little laser on the floor or the wall (or other people if you want to get really cruel) only for your dog or cat to chase it like it was made of the best steak on earth. Many people also know the risk to your eyes if one of those lasers were to ever shine in them, but there’s always that “it won’t be me or mine” thought right with it.
A teen and his family in Tasmania have discovered just how dangerous these lasers really can be and they learned the hard way. The 14-year-old boy decided to shine a laser in his eye for a brief period of time, according to optometrist Ben Armitage. In that short window the boy managed to almost completely burn out his retinas, losing 75% of his sight in the process.

The boy lost 75 percent of his vision after shining the laser in his eyes

WARNING: A Child Lost 75% of His Sight Because of This Little Household Toy - 1
WARNING: A Child Lost 75% of His Sight Because of This Little Household Toy - 2
Don’t let this happen to you or anyone you love, SHARE this message today!