Tuesday, December 15, 2015

X-Ray SHOCKS Doctors After Child Complains Of AGONIZING Stomach Pain


X-Ray SHOCKS Doctors After Child Complains Of AGONIZING Stomach Pain

Months in a row a three-year old boy from India suffered excruciating pain and all his doctors gave him were painkillers to ease the pain. Since the situation wasn’t getting any better, knowing that something is definitely wrong, his parents decided to take him to the local hospital. The doctors there ordered an x-ray in order to see what was causing the pain. The x-ray not only revealed the problem, but left doctors stunned after seeing what was on it.
As was stated above, for months the boy experienced agonizing stomach pain, but his family doctor didn’t offer any solution. This forced the parents to take him to the Metro Hospital in Faridabad, India, where the doctors ordered x-rays to see if there is something in his stomach. They made the shocking discovery that a group of metal objects was stuck inside his stomach and was causing the pain.
Dr.Brahm Datt Pathak, the head of laparoscopic surgery, immediately scheduled a surgery to remove all the foreign objects from his stomach. On the operating table he removed 29 magnets, a battery and a coin from his gut. According to Daily Mail the boy had been swallowing things lying around in his house.
X-Ray SHOCKS Doctors After Child Complains Of AGONIZING Stomach Pain 1
The metallic cluster was stuck in his stomach.
Pathak admitted that it was highly unusual to find as much as 29 magnets inside the boy’s stomach. As if he had developed a habit of swallowing things, because it looks like he had been doing it over a year.
Tough luck for the little boy that the magnets glued onto each other and created a huge magnetic ball. This was causing his severe stomach aches and even caused damage to his insides. Dr.Pathak stated that it was a very complicated case and that the magnets had damaged the boy’s entire gut.
The surgery to remove the magnets and other objects lasted for 3 whole hours. It looks like the family had a home jewelry box business, which explains how the boy could find all these unusual items and ingest them.
X-Ray SHOCKS Doctors After Child Complains Of AGONIZING Stomach Pain 2
“If the pieces had been small enough, they would have passed through him naturally in his excretion process, but these objects were just too large and his case needed special attention,” Pathak stated. “I’m sure the boy had been in pain for a long time, it’s sad his condition had not been picked up sooner.”
Luckily for the boy, he stayed in the hospital for just a few days before he was released. He is at the moment at home recuperating and his parents are going to be more careful with their jewelry box making materials.
This can serve as a lesson for all the parents out there to be more careful with what they leave around the house. Children are very curious and can pick up and get into anything and everything, so it’s crucial to childproof your house and keep them safe. It’s better to prevent than to have to fix it after the damage has been done.
Source: